10 april 2005

Wrought from rhyme

Här hade jag tänkt lägga in en text som i mycket klara ordalag förklarade den följande dikten, men sen bestämde jag att den får stå för sig själv först, så att jag inte tar ifrån er rättigheten, och glädjen av att få läsa och tolka för er själva, i den mån någon tolkning behövs. Så läs, tempus fugit!


Än så länge namnlös dikt till/om en granne

As the eve of your journey draws ever more near
there is something, lady, a thought which I do fear

Many times I've claimed my love is true,
many times I said my heart knows only you
But never to your by dark locks hidden ear,
never to the one I claim I hold so dear

The thought I mentiond, named so terrifying
is the distant and remote possibility I'm lying

For what is it about your departure that scares me so?
Can I say with all certainty
"It's that I'll never know your caress"?
Is it really the lusting part, that wants to know
the appealing sweet reality
of counting and numbering your every tress,
that frightens me unto my core
with its visions of my mental gore

Or rather thus, is the above the truth?
Can I hold this for real for sooth?
For at times we build our dreams,
we say we really truly feel
without knowing what it means,
for the sake of once seeming real

I can dispense no answers, not this time
But questions, conundrums, wrought from rhyme



När jag nu postar den här dikten, slår det mig att jag för inte så länge sen skrev en prosatext på precis samma ämne, måhända dyker den också upp här så småningom.

Inga kommentarer:

 

Jag pingar till Nyligen.se |