01 november 2005

"Ja...

... tacka fa-an för det, subba!"
Den unge mannen slänger argt ifrån sig häftet efter att ha läst de sista raderna, plockar upp sin gitarr från sängen, och börjar hamra ut en monoton ackordföljd. Orden kommer av sig själva.

Street walkers and talkers
keep peddling their lies
to man in disguise
The man goes home to his wife
says honey, guess what I've done
I just sold all our lives
I just sold all our lives

The wife says honey
what you done that for
Why'd you give in to some bull shit lie
Why'd you sell all our lives
Yes why'd you sell all our lives

The man says I ain't bought no lie
I just took the word, of a man in disguise
He said there is a better life
Yes he said, there's a better life

He said, would you believe?
Believe in God and the holy ghost
and love them
the most
love them more than your life
Yes love them more than your life

The wife says honey
why you so dumb
Do you want me to be
some nun

The man says, honey
don't be starting no fight
She answers yes
you're right

I don't want no fight
I can't stay with a man
who puts God
above his wife.


Det är väl klart som fan att det går an? Prosit, sergeant!

Inga kommentarer:

 

Jag pingar till Nyligen.se |